Released March 6, 2009
What's New in Release 2009a
Release 2009a includes new features in MATLAB and Simulink, two new products, and updates and bug fixes to 91 other products. Subscribers to MathWorks Software Maintenance Service can download product updates. Since R2008a, the MATLAB and Simulink product families require activation. R2009a includes enhancements to the License Center, the online tool for managing your license and user information.
New capabilities added to the Polyspace code verification products, include JSF C++ (JSF++) standards checking, multicore acceleration and Eclipse integration.
New capabilities for the MATLAB product family include:
- Multicore support for fft and other MATLAB functions
- Utilization of eight cores on your desktop with Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Ability to use .NET classes directly in MATLAB programs and applications
- Surface fitting, including surface fit objects and a new GUI in Curve Fitting Toolbox
- Generation of Simulink blocks from symbolic math expressions in Symbolic Math Toolbox
- Support for population pharmacokinetic (PK) modeling in SimBiology, using nonlinear mixed effects (NLME) models
- Vehicle Network Toolbox, a new product for communicating with in-vehicle networks using CAN protocol
New capabilities for the Simulink product family include:
- Save, restore, and restart simulation states in Simulink and Stateflow
- Fixed-point support for Discrete Filter block and autoscaling of Simulink data objects in Simulink Fixed Point
- Configure and generate code based on high-level objectives, such as efficiency and traceability in Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder
- Reduced RAM usage, faster execution time and other code efficiency improvements in Real-Time Workshop and Real-Time Workshop Embedded Coder
- Simulink Design Optimization, a new product for estimating and optimizing Simulink model parameters
Polyspace Code Verification Products
Certification and Qualification Products
|DO Qualification Kit*||IEC Certification Kit*|
* Indicates product was introduced after R2009a and is available via the Web.
Products with License-Related Changes
Please refer to MathWorks Release 2009a Products with License-Related Changes for details.